Wednesday 25 March 2015

PDA PD Don't.

Sometimes it doesn't even register with you, you reach for a kiss or hand. You snuggle your head on his shoulder at the movies, your knees touch on the tram or your hand drapes over his shoulder.

But then you snap out of it and realise that you are in public, you recoil like a spring, sit up right and push your significant other way and hiss 'You trying to get us killed!' into his ear. You look around suspiciously and the only person who saw was that delightful OAP who seems to be smiling...wait! What is she reaching for? a cross? a gun? She presses the bell and she departs with a smile.

When I was single, I would throw my proverbial eyes up into the back of my head when seeing a couple smooch or hold hands in public. To me it seemed an unnecessary view into the world of happy couples, white weddings and picket fences. However, for gay couples this action seemed to scream more of 'We're here, we're queer, get used to it' rather than the innocent actions of a couple in love. A pair of queers rubbing their smugness in the face of adversity.

But I have to stand up and admit that I am one half of one of those couples and having insider knowledge gives me the power to declare that PDA's are completely normal reactions to being in love.

No smugness, no white wedding show offs, no picket fences. Just an instinctual and gut reaction to touch the one you love.

Does it make the action any less abhorrent or disgusting? Lord no. No one wants to see a couple kiss on the street or holding hands on elevators but I can't help myself, I don't even know when I am doing it.  There is no decision there, just reaction.

I was always on of those types that would declare with 100 Percent certainty that I would never be in one of those couples. I have since been revealed as a liar. I am one of those couples - within reason. a quick hello kiss or genuine and small amounts of tactile hand holding in discreet locations.

Practically fucking on a busy high street on a Saturday afternoon....




5 comments:

naturgesetz said...

Very clever, how you slip the big announcement into a post (your first in 6 months) that's ostensibly about something else. :)

Congratulations are in order. I wish you every happiness.

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi MoM,

We used to live next door to a gay couple and often used to go out for a drink with them. One of them used to remark that while me and Mrs PM were holding hands, they felt that they couldn't because of others looking down at them - or worse.

It's sad that there are genuinely people who cannot handle this - even this day and age.

Live and let live, I say.

:o)

Cheers

PM

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi MoM,

We used to live next door to a gay couple and when we wnet out for drinks with them, they remarked that unlike Mrs PM and I, they couldn't hold hands in public for fear of reprisals.

It's a sad state of affairs. Live and let live, I say.

:o)

Cheers

PM

A Beer for the Shower said...

I don't mind PDA so long as it's just a quick kiss or hand holding. I'm not a big fan of watching people dry hump in public.

But hey, welcome to the land of the attached! Where the only thing you think about is your other half and the rest of the world be damned.

Hot guys pictures said...

Hey, would you like to exchange blog links with me?
Lemme know. :)